Second Sunday of each month - 5:30 p.m.
Meet at Aero Club of Louisville
3333 Roger E. Schupp Street, br> Louisville, KY 40205
Signups: 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Taking a long motorcycle trip
I recently got back from a cross country trip to Los Angeles CA via route 66. Here are a few things that I would like to share. Read more.
Why won't the red light turn green?
Have you ever sat at a red light, that will not turn green, with no other traffic around? Maybe the light is broke, but maybe it's not the lights fault. More than likely it can't tell you are there. Read more.
The 2015 Freedom Fighters Forum from the Vice Director
This year, as well as years past, we had several candidates running for state offices show up and present us with their ideas on how to improve Kentucky. A heroin bill was the main topic for most, along with health care, state pension and gas tax reform. All were well received and all took time to answer a variety of questions from the bikers assemble. Read more.
Dedicated to protecting the rights of
ALL Kentucky motorcyclists
The Kentucky Motorcycle Association was formed in 1982 under the name of the Kentucky Bikers Association. The name was later changed to the Kentucky Motorcycle Association/KBA to be more inclusive of all riders - both on and off road. Since that time, the KMA/KBA has become the premier grassroots lobbying force in Kentucky on issues regarding motorcyclists. Through the efforts of our members we have been able to affect elections and bills moving through the KY Legislature and the U.S. congress. Some of the more notable accomplishments:
- Lobbying for the legislation that created the Riders Ed program here in KY in 1992.
- Sponsoring legislation to make the Riders Ed program free to under 18 riders.
- Changing the mandatory helmet law in KY for riders over 21.
- Eliminating VET (Vehicle Emissions Testing) for motorcycles and helping other groups to eliminate it for all vehicles.
- Establishing 3 commissions within the state to promote motorcycle safety and access including the Motorcycle Safety and Education Commission; dealing with Riders Ed programs and the awareness of the general public, the Motorcycle Highway Safety Commission; dealing with road design and construction, the KRTA (KY Recreational Trail Authority); dealing with off road issues.
- Crafted legislation to bring motorcyclists access to more types of insurance at an affordable cost.
- Defeated multiple pieces of legislation that would have adversely affected motorcyclists.
- Worked with state and local officials to promote May as Motorcycle Awareness Month.